Why use MySitePasswords?
Most experts recommended that everyone should use secure strong passwords, ideally a different one for each site used.
- A different password for each site means that if one or more sites are hacked then the hackers cannot try to hack your other sites by using the same login details.
- The problem with strong passwords (and lots of them) is remembering all these passwords.
There are many options available for achieving site independent and strong passwords.
- Many ignore the recommendations and pick something they think is unusual and hope for the best. Unfortunately if one of the sites they use is hacked, the hackers can use the password on other sites.
- Create a unique strong password which is changed in some way for individual sites. Unfortunately hackers know this and can sometimes easily work out the changes made.
- Use an online password generator to generate a strong password. But remembering them can be difficult and using just one generated password defeats the object.
- Use a password generator and password safe.
This is a good secure idea, but the passwords are physically stored and if hacked the passwords and sites are all available to the hacker.
Sometimes the contents of the safe are not available across all platforms, unless stored online, or in the cloud. (Synch or cloud use is generaly a paid option).
If stored in this way, then they are not as physically secure as if they were on a PC or physically on a memory stick.
- Use a password generator and store passwords on a removable memory device with the site name in a secure file.
Good but you may lose the device or it can fail, or you can pick up viruses from other machines.
- Use a email, social media, or digital wallett. These are good secure alternatives, but the provider may be collecting information about your shopping habits and sites you visit to present you with adverts and to sell the information on.
- Use MySitePasswords. This allows online access to your own unique password generator producing a strong, reproducible different password for each site, without any of them needing to be stored.
Why you should use MySitePasswords:
- The passwords are unique to you and the site you are logging into.
- You can use your own phrase i.e 'MyBank' or the site web site login URL (URL recommended to prevent phishing).
- Passwords are never stored but regenerated each time you need to use them. (Can never be lost or hacked).
(We do provide a small online encrypted data store, but recommend you use this for general data and not site passwords).
- You can access passwords and safe store from any device that has an internet connection to MySitePasswords.com.
- Paid version or apps are Ideal for website logins or applications that enforce frequent password changes.
- A series of encryption and hacking techniques make it extremely difficult to reproduce the generation algorithm. In fact the techniques will give a variety of false positives to any hacker, making them think they have broken the system and wasting their time in trying to work out your passwords for other sites.
- The password generation takes place in more than one location and using differing techniques.
- None of your secure details are stored unless they are encoded. We ourselves are totally unable to work out any of your details from the data we do store.
- Even if our site is hacked, deciphered and published, none of the encrypted details you use, such as login name can be obtained from MySitePasswords to imitate you. (Assuming you follow our guidelines).
- If you use the cut and paste guidelines for using MySitePasswords, then it should also help prevent phishing attacks by producing passwords that are different to the original site password.
- If you use the paid for version and one of the sites you use has it's password details hacked, then you can quickly change and save the password to a new version, which is automatically regenerated each subsequnt time you use the compromised site. (Paid version).
- We don't hold any personal details about you, we don't track you and we are free. (Unless you require the extra facilities of the paid version).
- All of our pages use TLS encryption to prevent users hijacking your session.
- We provide a privacy lock to prevent anyone using your device when you move away from your device.
- Full Details of Versions
My Site Passwords: Keeping you safe on the internet
© 2022 - My Site Passwords Limited